Whether you’ve bought a car out of the state or just moved here, we are here to help you title your out of state vehicle. There are lots of great sites to see, places to visit, and great food to eat. We’re happy to help you register your car here in the state of New Mexico, so you can get on the road and see all New Mexico has to offer.
Note: If you become a resident of New Mexico, you have 30 days from that date to register your car.
REGISTERING AN OUT OF STATE VEHICLE IN ALBUQUERQUE, BERNALILLO, AND THE REST OF NEW MEXICO
Here are the documents, you’ll need to bring when you visit us at MVD Now to register your vehicle in NM:
- One (1) valid Driver’s License or ID for EACH person that will be on the title
- Two (2) Proofs of New Mexico Residency | View list of acceptable NM Residency documents
- One (1) passed emissions test (for all 35-year-old and newer motor vehicles in Bernalillo County)
- One (1) Proof of Insurance – In New Mexico, drivers must operate their motor vehicles with a minimum of liability auto insurance. Minimum auto liability insurance amounts required in New Mexico are $25,000 for bodily injury to or death of one person, $50,000 for bodily injury to or death of two or more persons, and $10,000 for property damage in any one accident. Bring one (1) of the following:
- Current auto insurance card
- Copy of your current auto insurance policy
- A letter from your auto insurance company (on company letterhead) that verifies your auto insurance coverage.
- One (1) Vehicle Title – Bring untouched, with completed Bill of Sale
- One (1) Bill of Sale– Completely filled out by purchaser and seller | Print and Fill Out: MVD Form 10009 | Download Form
- VIN inspection – if your vehicle is coming from out of state (we will do this at any MVD Now location).
New Mexico’s Out Of State Vehicle Registration Service
If you’re wanting to get your out of state vehicle registered and titled, come by MVD Now today. Call your DMV experts at 505-388-2757 or visit any of our MVD Now locations to find out more about registration costs. Vehicle registration cost will depend on the year, model and weight of your vehicle. Our NM DMV specialists are happy to help with all your “renew registration” needs! We are here to answer every question and every uncertainty. Contact us today!
MVD Now is here to meet all of your Albuquerque and Bernalillo out of state vehicle registration needs. We’ll help you through registering a vehicle in quickly and efficiently! Again, welcome to or back to New Mexico! Welcome home!